A versatile portfolio
EXPERIENTIAL: As Harrisburg Magazine’s Adventure Chick, I boldly go where no sane person has gone before. As columnist for Pennlive.com, I put myself in the shoes of people making a difference in their communities.
- Taking pitches from a big-league pitcher.
- Third place! In a cooking contest! That’s a miracle.
- Getting cozy with a boa constrictor.
- Taking my “Lambo – that’s what we car aficionados call our Lamborghinis – out for a spin.
- Children’s Resource Center: A refuge in a stormy world.
- Real-life Rosie the Riveter tells a riveting tale.
- France says “Merci!” to a GI.
- Preserving memories of Negro League legend.
- For girl with cancer, township rallies around bone marrow registry.
- Wagons, ho! Station wagons venture into the past.
- The Miss Congeniality of milkshakes.
- What’s worse than one McCormick in the kitchen? Two McCormicks in the kitchen! Irish in the Cucina.
HISTORY: Intrigue. Drama. Self-absorbed characters stabbing each other in the back. Reality TV’s got nothing on history.
- The ‘Unspeakable Fritchey.’ News flash: Corruption is nothing new.
- An African-American Civil War soldier lives to see World War II.
- Using today’s digital technology to peek into the past.
- The Pennsylvania State Museum, a midcentury-modern masterpiece.
- If these tavern walls could talk. Taverns, PA Pursuits
ISSUES: Turning challenging issues into readable copy.
- One-on-one with Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf, who explains his views on the budget stalemate, investing in education, and standing in line to renew his auto registration.
- Natural gas expansion equals economic development.
- The responsibilities of credit union boards. Anyone can follow a recipe, but only a true cook can make a soufflé that soars.
- Relocating to Mexico.
- Creating worldwide accommodations with a home-like feel.
PEOPLE AND LIFESTYLES: Profiles that get to the heart of the matter.
- Award-winning illustrators make Midtown their home.
- Poet reflects on overcoming racism.
- Breast cancer: An equal-opportunity disease.
- Three women reviving city downtowns.
- Modern or traditional, homes project timeless style.
- For four elderly couples, love never fails.
- In fabric and lace, quilt tells story of one county’s African-American history.
- Poet/teacher Nathaniel Gadsden builds a legacy, one word at a time.
TRAVEL: The fun is in the journey.
- Lancaster, PA: The repurposed city.
- A tale of two cities — one chic, one gritty.
- Wolf sanctuary unveils the mysteries of a misunderstood creature.
- The springs really do boil. A day in charming Boiling Springs.
- WINE: The fun is in the sipping.
BREAKING NEWS: On-the-spot coverage.